Thursday, May 1, 2014

PCT Day 22

Miles 266-292

We left Yucaipa at 5:30am and dropped off Rocket and T-Rose at the post office in Big Bear. They both had to pick up packages and Jolly and I were itching to get back on the trail. Jolly wanted a full day of hiking to try and catch up with old friends ahead of us and I decided to hike with him. Jolly and I have similar hiking speeds and he's great at keeping me motivated when I might otherwise be taking naps and relaxing.


The hike today took us around the back of Big Bear Lake. I visited Big Bear a few times as a kid, but I've never seen the town from this side of the lake.


The forest soon turned back into chaparral as the day went on and we went lower in elevation.


Here's another picture of my new tent! I'm so excited to sleep in it tonight!

6 comments:

  1. Is there room for two in that tent? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on the adventure of the last few weeks! Glad you are having such a great time sweetie! It all looks amazing and we miss you around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Glitter , I look forward to your blog everyday. If you don't write I worry about you! Just like a Mother! You look very happy Remember that the PCT will provide! " the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" Lao tzu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glitter, the above is my mama :) if you didn't know. She and several of her friends in Florida are reading along. You're famous. Love you boo boo!

      Delete
  4. I love reading about your adventures and hope to follow in your footsteps in the next year or two. Question: Which tent brand/model did you trade up to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's the name of the tent?

    ReplyDelete