Sunday, April 27, 2014

PCT Days 19-21 and GLITTER

No miles!

First, please excuse these next few blog posts. I haven't had cell reception for a while so my ability to keep up has been limited. Also, don't forget that I write these posts on an iPhone after walking 20-25 miles in the sun, so ignore the autocorrect mistakes that I miss. :)

After making it out of Big Bear the first order of business was food. Food. Food. Food.


Then we drove from Big Bear to my dad's house in Yucaipa.


I got a new tent! It's freestanding, tiny, and amazing. It fits my sleeping pad perfectly, so I won't roll off of it at night. See ya later Tarp Tent Contrail!


After a night eating, drinking, and soaking  in the hot tub, we drove from Yucaipa to the kick off in Mt Laguna. It took us two and a half hours to drive back to PCT mile 20. I can't believe I've hiked so far!


The kick off event was pretty interesting (check out the official website for more info http://adzpctko.org). We arrived on Saturday and perused the vendor stalls. T-Rose bought a bigger pack, Rocket found a bunch of old friends and Jolly and I just walked around checking out everyone's tents and gear. It started to rain in the early evening so I decided to sleep in the car. 

There was a big storm in the middle of the night and I woke up to hordes of flattened tents and people crowded in the bathroom trying to dry out their sleeping bags. 




Glitter is my name, my name is Glitter. Sugar Pine came up with the trail name in Idyllwild, but it didn't really stick until the explosion of glitter in my backpack this weekend. I've been carrying this glitter with me since Campo (it's very special glitter) for no specific reason and it finally exploded all over my things. I've washed everything in my toiletries bag, but it's really difficult to remove glitter from, well, anything.


More food!


Hot sauce packets are like gold on trail.


After returning to my dad's house after kickoff, we had a day to spread out our things and resupply for the next section.

 

We got distracted...


We ended our PCT mini-vacation with more hot tub time, more naps, and MORE FOOD. 


4 comments:

  1. How's your tent! That's the same one I upgraded to this year and I think it'll be perfect for me. I'm doing two sections this year for my MYTH, I'll be in KM to Tehachapi (soho) in 2 weeks and then Shelter Cove/Odell Lake to Hwy 140/Fish Lake in August. Maybe see you on the trail! (Great blog by the way)

    -GoalTech from Portland

    ReplyDelete
  2. "sobo" rather...darn auto-correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Great ideas indeed! I will surely keep this in my mind!

    Sewage Treatment USA
    Water Treatment Systems

    ReplyDelete