Monday, April 21, 2014

PCT Day 14

Miles 179-190
(plus 2.5 Devil's Slide and Mount San Jacinto Alternate)

Today we got up bright and early to get back on the trail and I was so ready to be back on the trail. It's sort of funny, but I already feel more comfortable on trail than in town- no rules, more nap time, and I can pee (almost) anywhere I want! 

In order to get back up to the PCT, we had to hike out of Idyllwild on the Devils Slide Trail. 


This is how one of the mountains looked from the bottom of Devil's Slide.


...and from the top.


Right before I got off the PCT again to summit Mt San Jacinto, I saw the first snow on my PCT journey. Snowman time!


Mt San Jacinto was incredible.


The hike today through the San Jacintos was picturesque. What a change from the dry, barren landscapes before and after this mountain range.


At one point I stumbled onto this odd, extremely heavy, cylindrical metal container in the middle of the trail. How did it get up here? What is it?


I hiked over a crest as the sun set and got some great pictures. Man, this was a long day!


I camped at the top of Fuller Ridge, ready to make the long descent tomorrow. Look what my Halfmile app says about my day tomorrow. Yikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment