Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Preparing for the Superior Hiking Trail

A week from today I will be landing in Minneapolis, MN and starting my 300 mile journey from Duluth to the Canadian Border. Per my dad's request, here is some general info about my trek.


Here is a more specific map...


Here is a rough itinerary..
- Flight to Minneapolis: Land at 2:16pm CST
- Bus from the airport to Scanlon Park and Ride
- 5.5 mile walk to Jay Cooke State Park where the trail begins.
- Arrive in Silver Bay on 9/26 for resupply (will check in on blog)
- Arrive in Lutsen on 9/30 to resupply (will check in on blog)
- Superior Shuttle picking me up from the end of trail on 10/5 at 12:30pm, drop off at Gooseberry State Park
- Hitchhike from Gooseberry State Park to Duluth
- Motel 6 booked in Duluth on 10/5/13
- Flight to Seattle: Lands at 1:51pm PST

You can find a more specific itinerary here... SHT Schedule

I'm feeling good, finishing my packing and getting pumped! Wooo!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rob - thanks for blogging this information!
    How long was your shuttle ride from Otter Lake Rd. to Duluth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it took us about an hour and a half, but we stopped for coffee along the way :)

    ReplyDelete