Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Steven's Pass to Snoqualmie Pass

I've realized that I hate blogging.

Since I promised some of you updates of my travels, I've included photos from my 75-mile solo trip. I was expecting it to take me 6.5 days, but due to constant rain I made it in only 4.5 days. Enjoy! :)

Day 1:
8 miles


Steven's Pass in the summer

Lake Susan Jane, right at the beginning of 3 days of solid rain.


Day 2:
12.5 miles

The trail was beautiful, but that low brush gets you WET.


Fatty marmot out to bask in the 30 minutes of sun we had that day


Peiper Pass


Day 3:
16.2 miles

More rain!


This is the river where I slipped on a rock and fell




Although you can't see it, the cuts on my finger were the worst. Also, because of the continuous rain, these cuts didn't even scab over until I got off of the trail 3 days later.



Day 4:
20 miles




Alpine lake

Descending through a burn zone



I forgot that I had Theo chocolate! This got me up the final climb from mile 18 to mile 20 that day.


Day 5:
18.2 miles


I hate scree



Kendall Katwalk

I made it!

My favorite part of hiking

No comments:

Post a Comment